9to5 Seating Warranty: Pledging Excellence in Detail and Workmanship
We stand behind our product defects in material and workmanship, 9to5 Seating warranty to the original purchaser of the product and from the original date of sale.
9to5 Seating products are manufactured with meticulous attention to detail to achieve a level of quality that is free from defects in material and workmanship. In an effort to stand behind this philosophy, 9to5 Seating warrants to the original purchaser of the product and from the original date of sale, the following:
For all series except @NCE, Logic Plus, and chairs that include the Heavy Duty (HD) option in the Aria, Logic, Strata and Theory series, Lifetime Warranty to the original end user; the company will repair or replace, at its option, factory-defective structural and mechanical parts with comparable product, without charge. This warranty is for single-shift, standard commercial usage, defined as a standard eight-hour work day, five days a week. Weight limitations vary by product.
Upholstery fabric, mesh and foam are warranted against wear through and deterioration during normal usage for a period of five (5) years. However, the company does not warrant leather against routine scratching and scuffing, as all leather is subject to minor blemishes during use. COM and COL are not warranted. Due to natural variations in material, furniture containing leather is sold subject to normal variations and/or irregularities of color, texture, and grain.
For the @NCE Series:
9to5 Seating warrants the @NCE series of chairs for a period of five (5) years of single-shift use to the original purchaser; the company will repair or replace, at its option, factory-defective structural and mechanical parts with comparable product, without charge. This warranty is for single-shift, standard commercial usage, defined as a standard eight-hour work day, five days a week. Weight limitations vary by product.
For Logic Plus Large Occupant Series:
9to5 Seating warrants the Logic Plus Large Occupant chairs for a period of ten (10) years of single-shift use to the original purchaser; the company will repair or replace, at its option, factory-defective structural and mechanical parts with comparable product, without charge. This warranty is for single-shift applications with persons weighing less than 500 lbs.
For the chairs that include the Heavy Duty (HD) option in the Aria HighBack, Logic, Strata and Theory Series:
9to5 Seating warrants the aforementioned chairs for a period of ten (10) years of multi-shift use to the original purchaser; the company will repair or replace at its option factory defective structural and mechanical parts with comparable product, without charge. This warranty is for multi-shift applications with persons weighing less than 350 lbs.
Only upholstery fabrics with an abrasion resistance performance rating of 150,000 double rubs or more are warranted against wear-through and foam deterioration for a period of three (3) years of multiple-shift use.
Should parts fail for any model during normal use within the applicable warranty period, please fill out a Warranty Request Form on our website here: https://9to5seating.com/warranty-request/. Provide 9to5 Seating with a description of the failure and proof of purchase (Sales Order number located on the bottom of the chair). If requested by the company, the original purchaser must return the part or product with freight or other shipping charges prepaid, together with a copy of original sales receipt. Please do not send parts without prior authorization.
9to5 Seating Warranty Department
3211 Jack Northrop Avenue
Hawthorne, CA 90250
9to5 Seating will inspect the part in question, and repair or replace with a comparable product, at its option, any defective part at no charge to the original purchaser and return defective item thereafter. This warranty does not apply to product or parts of the product that have been subjected to misuse or abuse, accident, alteration, unauthorized repair, or damage in transit. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless 9to5 Seating, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents from any actions, claims, demands, damages, liabilities, costs, and strict liability in tort or contract, or any other legal theory arising out of the misuse or abuse, alteration, or damage in transit of the product. Under no circumstances will the company be liable for injuries or damages arising from the use of the product.
Under no circumstance, including but not limited to breach of contract, breach of warranty, or negligence, shall 9to5 Seating be liable for lost profits, loss of goodwill, stored data, general, special, consequential or exemplary damages, even if 9to5 Seating had notice of these damages or they were foreseeable. 9to5 Seating shall not be responsible for verifying dealers’ or customers’ description of needs, data, or fitness for a particular purpose of goods. 9to5 Seating’s liability in all cases shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective parts with a comparable product. Should a comparable replacement not be available, 9to5 Seating
maximum liability will be limited to the original purchase price of the product. Damages resulting from misuse, abuse, alteration, negligence, or accidents are not covered under this warranty
9to5 Seating makes no warranty that any of its products are suitable for any particular purpose and makes no other warranties, express or implied, other than those set out here. As codes and standards vary from one jurisdiction to another, references to compliance are solely for convenience and without any representation as to accuracy or suitability. Users must verify the suitability of such information or product for their specific application. In no event shall 9to5 Seating be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages.
The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association (BIFMA) has developed tests that have been approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for determining the strength and durability of seating in its everyday use. This statement does not serve as a warranty or guarantee, however, 9to5 Seating products found within this price list generally meet or exceed applicable BIFMA and ANSI standards.
- Colorfastness or matching of colors, or textures occurring in leather, or other materials that naturally exhibit inherent color variations
- COM/COL textiles
- Damage of textiles from exposure to sunlight and UV rays
- Damage to textiles from the use of cleaners not specified for use in the fabric specifications
- Variation of texture and natural markings such as neck wrinkles, scratches, backbone marks and stretch marks in leather
- Color matching of textiles exactly to samples, swatches or prior purchases
- Minor variations of color in textiles
- Minor irregularities of color, surface, grain and texture
- Creasing and/or gathering of textiles during upholstery application process
- Product normal wear and tear, which is to be expected over the course of ownership, e.g., fabric, mesh and arm pads
- Damage caused by the carrier in-transit, which will be handled as separate terms and/or claims against the carrier
- Damage can be defined as concealed or visible. Visible damage needs to be reported immediately. Concealed damaged needs to be reported within seven (7) business days.
- Damage caused by delivery/installation contractors, which will be handled as claims against the designated company, e.g., knife cuts on the exterior surfaces of a chair resulting from opening packaging or removing plastic wraps
- Failures and damage which result from negligence, abuse, accident or misuse, e.g., arm pads repeatedly hitting a desk or table
- Damage caused by markings or staining; damage caused by sharp objects or imprinting from instruments
- Products exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures or excessive dry environments
- Products that have been modified or altered and any attachments to the product
- Products or parts not used, maintained or installed in accordance with the Company’s installation, maintenance and/or applicable guidelines
- Floor samples or display models
- Products purchased “as is” and/or secondhand
- Products sold by unauthorized dealers
- The warranty is limited to replacement or repair and does not cover cost of transportation, labor or installation.
9to5 Seating reserves the right to make changes in design and construction or discontinue products without prior notice. 9to5 Seating reserves the right to make changes to the lifetime warranty or price book.
Since textiles vary in weave, thickness and memory, some creasing and/or gathering may occur during the upholstery application process. Due to natural variations over which we have no control, all chairs are sold subject to minor irregularities of color, surface, grain, and texture. Textiles are sold subject to minor variations of color. Because leather is a natural product, variations of texture are common and should be expected. Leather will contain natural
markings such as neck wrinkles, scratches, backbone marks and stretch marks. These distinctions give leather its unique characteristics and are considered to be part of the natural beauty of leather.
Order Desk: Monday – Friday – 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. P.S.T.
Shipping & Receiving: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. P.S.T.
Possession of the price book does not necessarily constitute authority to purchase.
- Free freight for all orders of five or more 9to5 Seating and @NCE chairs
- $20 (net) per chair for all orders of four 9to5 Seating and @NCE chairs or less
Sophie Series Chairs*
- $40 (net) per seat for Sophie orders of three chair seats or less (excluding tables and accessories).
*Minimum quantities for Sophie cannot be combined with other 9to5 Seating chair series
- $10 (net) per chair for 9to5 Seating and @NCE chairs. From the Sophie collection, only the single guest and bariatric models can be delivered to residences (residential delivery fee is in addition to the minimum order size charge if applicable).
9to5 Seating accepts all major credit cards, company checks, cash, and terms payment for approved accounts. Credit card payments are subject to a 3% service charge. A $35 fee will be charged for returned checks.
Standard terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. Please respect these terms in order to protect your competitive pricing. Credit terms may be changed or canceled at 9to5 Seating’s discretion.
1. All new accounts are required to remit a 50% deposit of the initial order’s total dollar value prior to the order entry and the balance must be paid at the time of pick up or release to common carrier. A line of credit may be established upon acceptance of satisfactory references and the
completion and signing of credit application.
2. The customer will be liable for any cost incurred in attempting collection of past due amounts, including attorney fees, whether or not a lawsuit is filed. Past due accounts are subject to a 2% per month (24% per annum) late charge, or maximum amount permitted under local law, for each thirty days, or part thereof that the outstanding balance remains unpaid beyond the thirtieth day after invoice date. Withholding of payments, because of carrier damages, shortages or other disputes is illegal and subject to charges.
3. Orders delayed due to credit hold will be rescheduled for production once the order has been credit released. A new lead time will be given at that time. Please contact Customer Care to coordinate details.
All prices are suggested retail and are subject to change without notice. We make every effort to notify all customers of such changes. Prices in effect at the time of shipment will prevail. Please refer to our online price book for the latest changes including product drops and additions.
Unless there is a credit issue or you are otherwise contacted, an order acknowledgement will be emailed to you once the order is approved by our Planning department. The order acknowledgement will confirm quantities, items ordered, and prices effective at the time of the order acceptance (prices may vary from the published list). Be sure to read these acknowledgements and contact us immediately if incorrect.
Complete and specific instructions for shipping should be given at the time an order is placed. Orders that do not have specific instructions will be routed by the best method of shipment in accordance with the judgement of our traffic department. Any changes to shipping instructions must be submitted to our office in writing. Shipping weight and cubic dimensions shown in our price list are subject to variation. Standard shipments are made via common carrier unless otherwise requested by the customer. Special routing requests made by the customer or the consignee may result in additional charges. Standard deliveries are dockto-dock and are scheduled to occur Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
9to5 Seating reserves the right to charge the customer for non-standard customer delivery requirements that may include delivery appointments, drop shipments, inside deliveries, residential, limited access, or requests for trucks with lift gates. Additional charges may also be incurred for redeliveries or re-consignments if the initial delivery cannot be made for any reason. 9to5 Seating will not be held responsible for issues or costs to the customer arising from carrier transit delays or missed appointments. For information concerning these charges, please contact Sales Support.
Guaranteed Delivery and Delivery Appointment
Shipments are not guaranteed. Guaranteed service is available at an additional cost. Please contact Customer Care for more information. We will work to arrange a specific delivery time with the carrier. Service guarantees contracted with carrier are done solely at the request of the customer and 9to5 Seating in no way assumes responsibility financially or otherwise for any costs incurred by the customer as a result of a carrier’s failure on a guaranteed shipment. In the event of a carrier’s failure on a guaranteed shipment, the associated guaranteed service fee will be removed.
Expedited service is available at an additional cost. Please contact Customer Care for more information.
9to5 Seating will not drop ship without prior approval; additional charges may apply. Please contact Customer Care for additional information.
LTL – ACCESSORIAL CHARGES – Standard deliveries are dockto-dock during standard business hours.
Courtesy Call Before Delivery (CCBD): $0
- This is NOT a delivery appointment (not guaranteed a call will happen but will be requested)
- BOL Instructions = “For Carrier Convenience ONLY, call John Smith at XXX-XXX-XXXX”
- This is not applicable to Fedex parcel shipments
Call Before Delivery (CBD): $25
- BOL Instructions = “MUST CALL before delivery, John Smith at XXX-XXX-XXXX”
- Guaranteed Delivery: Contact shipping department for quote
- BOL Instructions: “GUARANTEED DELIVERY, MUST DELIVER ON XX/XX/XX, Must Call John Smith at XXX-XXX-XXXX”
Liftgate for Delivery: $100
- BOL Instructions = “Lift Gate Required for Delivery”
- Inside Delivery: Contact shipping department for quote
- Minimum of $60, Based on weight and number of units, therefore every request needs to be quoted by shipping department.
Limited Access Delivery: $125
- Everything other than a standard dock-to-dock business location delivery, such as hospitals, schools, universities, construction sites, military bases, hotels, resorts, government buildings, casinos, amusement parks, golf courses, airports, etc.
- Limited access locations where a dock is difficult to access with a 53-ft. trailer
- In the event that no one is available to receive a shipment and a re-delivery is necessary
Drop Shipments Direct to Site: $150
(Includes Delivery Appointment)
- If within standard business hours and dock-to-dock; if there is a wait time to off load, additional charges will be incurred
Before accepting a shipment from the carrier, check the boxes for visible damages. If a shortage or damage occurs during transit, it should be noted on the freight bill of lading at the time of delivery, and a claim filed within seven days from receipt of product. If concealed damage is discovered after delivery, request inspection from the delivering carrier IMMEDIATELY and save all packing materials until inspection is made. Contact Customer Care as soon as possible to report damage or shortage.
For all Will Call orders, make sure to inspect merchandise thoroughly. 9to5 Seating will not be liable for any damage or shortage to merchandise after it has been signed for at our dock. 9to5 Seating will not be liable for any installation costs that result from freight damage.
When ordering a replacement part submit a warranty request through our website by navigating to the warranty page and selecting the Warranty Request Form. As a helpful tip, have your 9to5 Seating Sales Order number available and please reference your instructions sheet to properly identify the correct part for your 9to5 Seating product.
9to5 Seating reserves the right to make alterations in design and construction or to discontinue products without prior notice.